Thursday, July 16, 2009

People you meet at the Bookstore...

So this week they've been having a Books for Young Readers Symposium here in Provo, and tonight they had an author meet-and-greet and book signing for about six authors, and at least one more just showed up to mingle. So I got to meet Shannon Hale, Jessica Day George, Linda Sue Park, and Brett Helquist, as well as couple others, but not as much. Shannon Hale and Jessica Day George were my favorites, they were pretty much how I would imagine they would be. Shannon Hale was chill, but nice, and Jessica Day George was a little hyper but super excited to be there. I didn't get anything signed, because I was just working and didn't have any of my books with me, but it was fun anyway!

2 comments:

JaMiEj said...

sAWEET! Shannon Hale totally rocks! I'm so jealous!

Stefanie said...

No way! I just finished one of Jessica Day George's books, and have another one checked out that I will read as soon as Robyn's done with it. And, of course, Shannon Hale is amazing. I'm so jealous! Way to have a cool job, Katie!