Monday, September 8, 2008

Small World

Was it Aunt Gloria who always used to say that you could be anywhere, anytime, and meet someone who you had a connection with somehow? Well if it was her I'm proving her right, much to the bemusement of my roommate, Amanda. The first time I went anywhere with her it was to our bishop's house for lunch, and before we left there we found out that the bishop's wife is descended from Thomas Robert Forsyth. As if that wasn't enough, on Friday we had a ward social and afterwards Amanda and I went with a random guy named Jordan that neither of us knew and a few other people to go watch a movie at his house. After a little conversation we found out that Jordan's sister is marrying an Elder from my mission who I knew moderately well. Final example; yesterday Elder Holland gave a talk for a CES fireside and none of my roommates went, so I walked there myself. As I was coming out of my apartment complex another guy started walking in the same direction, so we started talking and chatted all the way up to the Marriott center where the fireside was. When we got there he started coordinating with some friends he was going to meet, and invited me to sit with them. I though, hey! if you've gotta sit with strangers anyway, might as well be these guys as anyone else, right? But when we met up with his friends I found that they were two elders from my mission! Elder Murray and Elder Turner, now Garen and Dallen. The guy I had just met was rather surprised, it was really funny.
so I guess it's just a small world, huh?

1 comment:

Forsythe said...

That is awesome! I am glad you are making so many connections there at school! We will be down there on Sat for the game but we are driving with friends and meeting up with my dad who will be in town so we may not be able to see you. But hopefully soon!