Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Semester! Yay...

Just a general update, the new semester started Monday, and I have now been to all my classes, and decided that I approve. I have now decided that I am a Theatre major with a History minor, so I have Dramatic Literature and Play writing as well as World Civilizations to 1500 and US History from 1877. I also have an Old Testament class. I think my favorite thing about the different classes were the teachers' pet peeves. My Old Testament teacher is so emphatic about the "Your cell phone will NOT go off in my class" rule that if you break it you have to either bring doughnuts for the whole class or take 15 points off your final grade. My US History professor gave a half hour speech about how cheaters will burn in hell, then another half hour about how texting and spell check are destroying civilization.
My Play writing professor kept us for only a half hour of the two hour class, all we did was brain storm play titles, introduce ourselves, and then pick a title out of the pile to write a 10 page play about by Thursday. I got "My Hands are Bananas". What would you write?
Our Relief Society is full again, we have 125 girls--the next largest in the stake has 100. We won't fit in the room we're in, so I talked with bishop about maybe getting us two rooms? Sunday he said they'd found us a second room we could use. It's a High Council room, how many people can it fit? About twenty...how is this a solution?

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

My Hands Are Bananas? I'm just not sure about that one.