Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things I Have Learned

I figured since about everyone else has posted something, I might as well get on the bandwagon. This has been a really interesting new semester, and I thought I would share some things I have learned so far:
1. If you're going to let your visiting teaching coordinator do the assignments, make sure you spell out EXACTLY what she needs NOT to do. For example:
a) no girls teaching their roommates
b) no girls teaching themselves
c) EVERYONE needs visiting teachers
d) EVERYONE needs an assignment
e) NO we cannot leave it the way it is if it's MESSED UP!!
2. Don't start watching NCIS at nine o'clock, you won't get to bed before midnight.
3. Don't start reading a Georgette Heyer book the day before the last day to take a major history test.
4. Even if you only get 19% visiting teaching, the stake president still won't remember your name or your calling until you remind him. So no need to hide in corners.
5. Sometimes it's just better to know, even if the answer is no.
6. Post-structuralism freakin' warps my mind
7. I do have the power to run three miles uphill without stopping.
8. When you start making more money, somehow you always end up with more bills, even if you don't change anything you're doing.
9. Monday is a lot easier if you do your homework on Saturday.
10. You get a lot of funny looks and questions when you put pictures of attractive British actors that no one has heard of or seen before on your desktop. (Richard Armitage, of course!)

I've only been to the Emergency Room once this semester so far (no, not for myself), so we're doing better than last year, and I finally managed to get over a very annoying crush I had for a long time (see #5). I still have no one called in my Relief Society but a presidency and a couple committee chairs. I think I need to be more annoying.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Three miles uphill without stopping! Wow! You should come down and run the Turkey Trot with us on Nov. 7th. You might win a turkey. :)

And what Georgette Heyer book was it? Sounds like a good one.