Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In Other News...

So as far as a general update, I am being more busy than I think I have ever been besides my mission, and there's not really any end in sight. Besides school, which is always fun, I have also been called to the Relief Society Presidency (they took away my teacher calling!), and I signed on to help with a play called "Turn of the Screw". It's going to be nice to have something more recent to put on my resume, it's only a few weeks, the cast is really cool, and I actually get paid, but it's a really dark play about ghosts and child abuse, and the pay amounts to about ten cents an hour. But hey, it's something to do, right? I'm the stage manager so I help the actors with their lines and props and eventually I will be running the light and sound boards. It's been a good time. Next week is "tech" week, which means we're trying to run the play with everything that's supposed to be there, it also means that we'll be having practices that go until midnight multiple nights in a row. Then on the 16th it goes off, and performances continue every thursday, friday, and saturday until the first of November. My roommates are awesome and we have a great time together, and I'm getting to know a lot of people in my ward. All in all things are going just splendidly. :)

No comments: