Thursday, October 16, 2008

Turn of the Screw

So I volunteered to be the stage manager for this play, Turn of the Screw, and it has taken over my life! I have not been home before midnight this week because of rehearsals, and I'm totally stressed out all the time because I have to do sound and light at the same time and the director keeps changing it on me. I feel like one of those switchboard operators, and we've all seen Auntie Mame, right? There's no such place as San Francisco...
With that, I also had an interesting discovery. Four years ago I went to a fantastic production of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," where the guy playing Aslan was totally amazing. I mean it was completely obvious that they were going for symbol of Christ in that role and he totally pulled it off! I noted the name of the actor at the time just because I thought he was so cool, but half forgot about it. Well on this production we have two actors, a girl and a guy, and the guy is named Ben King. Well after thinking about it for a while, and after a couple things he said, I finally put it together! It was him! I had to ask him just to make sure, but it's for sure the same guy. Weird, huh? I flipped out and told him how much I loved him in that part, and he laughed and shook his head. "That was such a long time ago..." Life is a funny place.
Opening night is tonight, I hope I don't foul up too royally!

1 comment:

Forsythe said...

Good Luck Kate, you will do great!