Thursday, August 21, 2008

Aunt Kate

So I was staying with Marisa this past weekend, and her sister Melinda was there as well with her two boys, Samuel and Tyler. Samuel pretty much ignored me until we were walking on BYU campus and he was getting tired. I offered to give him a piggy-back, but he was too shy, so he asked his Aunt Marisa instead. She carried him for a minute, then said he was too heavy and put him back down and started trying to convince him to ride on Aunt Kate's shoulders, since "Aunt Kate is SO MUCH taller than Aunt Marisa, you'll be SO HIGH!!" He finally agreed, and we spent the rest of the walk steering into any tree we could find so he could grab leaves and crow about how tall he was. So hilarious!
So this morning I got this message from his mom:

I thought you guys should know. The past couple of days when Samuel has been praying he'll go through the list: "Thank you for Mommy and Tyler and Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Marisa and Kate." Very cute!

So I guess I have a new nephew!

No comments: