Thursday, August 21, 2008

California


So since I hadn't seen Lisa since I got back from the CR, we decided that when Sadie was born I would go down with the family and then just stay until the family returned for the blessing and sealing. We thought that would be about a month-long stay, but as we all know Sadie decided to take her time. So I ended up staying about two and a half weeks, it was a lot of fun. I took the roles of cook and baby-sitter to help Lisa out, and when she was gone I worked on my tan line and watched Lost. Okay so I watched Lost a lot even when she was there. I caught up on seasons 3 and 4, and I have to say my favorite people were Desmond
who DID survive, no doubt thanks to me shaking my finger at the screen every few minutes and growling, You are NOT ALLOWED to kill Desmond! And Sun who laid a
major smack-down on her evil father. I was so proud.
I also held my adorable niece, Sadie, as much as I could, meaning whenever I could get her away from her parents, which wasn't all that often. The best part of the trip was when we got to go the LA temple and see Shawn and Lisa sealed to Sadie and Dudie. I had never been to a sealing before, it was fantastic. See Lisa's blog for pictures.

No comments: